Gorilla Glue is a popular product that is used for a variety of purposes, including crafting, repairs, and general household projects. It is a substance with many benefits such as its water resistance and strong adhesive properties.
However, one commonly asked question about Gorilla Glue is whether or not the product is food safe. Today, we will be settling this issue once and for all so that you will know exactly which projects this product is suitable for.
Let’s start by looking at what kind of substance Gorilla Glue is.
What is Gorilla Glue?
Gorilla Glue is a type of polyurethane adhesive. It was first introduced in the market in the early nineties and has since become one of the most popular adhesives available. Gorilla Glue is known for its water resistance, strength, and versatility. Strangely enough, Gorilla Glue is also famous for its eye-catching commercials that have featured scenarios such as a gorilla using the product to fix a broken chair.
This product works by expanding as it dries, filling any gaps or cracks that it comes in contact with. This makes it an ideal choice for a variety of projects, both big and small.
What Kind of Projects is Gorilla Glue Used For?
Gorilla Glue can be used in a very large variety of projects. Here are some examples:
- Crafting:Gorilla Glue is often used in arts and crafts projects. It can be used to attach different materials together, such as wood, fabric, glass, metal, and more.
- Repairs: This product is also commonly used for repairs around the house. It can be used to fix broken furniture, appliances, and more.
- Household projects: Gorilla Glue can also be used for general household projects, such as hanging pictures or creating storage solutions.
- Outdoor projects: Gorilla Glue can even be used for outdoor projects, such as repairs on gutters, fences, and decks.
- Construction:Believe it or not, Gorilla Glue does have its place in construction projects as well. It can be used to attach wood, metal, and more during the construction process.
- Automotive:Gorilla Glue can even be used in automotive projects. It can be used to fix broken parts, such as mirrors, lights, and more.
As you can see, Gorilla Glue is a very versatile product that can be used for a wide variety of purposes. To give you an idea of what makes Gorilla Glue such a hit product across so many different applications and industries, let’s take a look at some of its key benefits.
Key Benefits of Gorilla Glue
Gorilla Glue has many benefits that have made it a popular choice among consumers. Some of these benefits include:
- Water resistance:Gorilla Glue is a highly water-resistant adhesive. This makes it an ideal choice for outdoor projects or any project where water exposure is a concern.
- Strong adhesive properties:Gorilla Glue is also known for its strong adhesive properties. This product can bond different materials together securely and is perfect for projects where a strong hold is required.
- Versatile:As we mentioned before, Gorilla Glue is a very versatile product. It can be used in a wide variety of projects, both big and small.
- Affordable: Gorilla Glue is also an affordable product. It is available at most hardware stores and craft stores and is very reasonably priced.
As great as Gorilla Glue is, no product is ideal. In the following, we will look at some of the main disadvantages of Gorilla Glue.
The Disadvantages of Gorilla Glue
There are not many cons to Gorilla Glue. In fact, it is something that every household should have on hand. However, there are still a few things to keep in mind when using Gorilla Glue.
- Gap filling:One thing to keep in mind is that Gorilla Glue expands as it dries. This can be advantageous in some cases but can also be a disadvantage. If you are trying to fill a small gap or crack, the Gorilla Glue can expand and make the problem worse.
- The bottle design can be appealing to children:Gorilla Glue is known for its funny commercials and the colorful look of its bottles. Small children could easily mistake a small bottle of Gorilla Glue for something that is safe to touch, pour, or even worse, consume. As with all similar products, make sure to keep your Gorilla Glue out of reach of small children.
Now that we know some of the main advantages and disadvantages of Gorilla Glue, let’s answer the key question – Is Gorilla Glue food safe?
Is Gorilla Glue food safe?
Despite what many online resources will tell you, Gorilla Glue is food-safe. As long as you make sure that the product is fully cured, you will be fine using it in food-related projects. If you are using Gorilla Glue for putting back together a plate or mug that has broken, for example, you will not have to worry about the Gorilla Glue being unsafe.
Gorilla Glue will take about 24 hours to fully cure, but we suggest waiting more than 48 hours to be on the safe side.
One thing to keep in mind is that, despite being food-safe, Gorilla Glue is ultimately an industrial-strength product. It is absolutely crucial that you wait for the substance to be fully cured before getting it anywhere near your mouth. The last thing you want is to end up with a mouth full of Gorilla Glue! If you accidentally consume some Gorilla Glue, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
Gorilla Glue is food safe. However, it is important to make sure that the product is fully cured before using it in any food-related projects. Gorilla Glue is an industrial-strength product and should be treated with caution. If you accidentally consume Gorilla Glue, seek medical attention immediately.
- Will Primer Cover Drywall Tape? Some Things to Consider - November 27, 2023
- Is Primer Supposed to Be Sticky? Concerns and Painting Tips - November 21, 2023
- Uneven Drywall Thickness – Taping and Other Questions - November 14, 2023